Tel: +27 21 555 0951

Australian 462 Work Holiday Visa

The 462 visa allows you to do any kind of work over the course of your 12-month stay in Australia but you may spend only six months with a specific employer.

Work Holiday Visa 462

Holders of this visa may also study full time in Australia for up to four months!

This visa is renewable if you meet the requirements.

This visa allows you to:

• stay in Australia for up to 12 months
• work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
• study for up to four months
• leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid

Do you qualify for this visa?

You might be able to get this visa if you:

• are at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time you lodge your application
• have a valid passport from a country involved in the Work and Holiday program with Australia
• will not have a dependent child with you while you are in Australia
• have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)
• have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
• have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
• meet character and health requirements. (We recommend that you take out health insurance before you travel to Australia)
• are a genuine visitor.

Do you hold a passport from an eligible country?

To apply for this visa, you must hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia.

Eligible countries are:

• Argentina
• Austria
• Chile
• China, People’s Republic of
• Czech Republic
• Hungary
• Indonesia
• Israel
• Luxembourg
• Malaysia
• Peru
• Poland
• Portugal
• San Marino
• Singapore
• Slovak Republic
• Slovenia
• Spain
• Thailand
• Turkey
• United States of America
• Uruguay
• Vietnam

If you’ve answered yes to the question above you might be approved for this passport if you;

• meet the educational requirements
• have functional English
• have a letter of support from your government (except applicants from Argentina, Israel, the People’s Republic of China, Singapore and the United States of America)

Will my diploma qualify me for this visa?

Depending on the passport you hold, the education requirements could be slightly different. It is in your best interest to verify with your immigration agent if your qualification meets the requirements for this visa. However, if you hold a passport from a country participating in a Working Holiday program with Australia you could qualify for the 462 visa if you hold a:

• Doctoral degree
• Master’s degree
• Graduate diploma
• Graduate certificate
• Bachelor degree
• Associate degree
• Advanced diploma
• Diploma level qualifications.

How long is this visa valid for?

This visa is valid for 12 consecutive months with the option to renew it for a further 12 months

If you are an employee of an Australian company you will have certain rights and obligations


Australia has a compulsory superannuation scheme. You are entitled to access your retirement savings (superannuation) when you leave Australia. Accessing superannuation benefits—Former temporary residents has more information.

Tax Obligations

See the Australian Taxation Office website for information about your tax obligations.

Your obligations

You must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws. Your dependent children cannot be with you at any time during your stay.

Your Application

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed

Your Credentials

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed


Other Information

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed