The Entrepreneur stream is for people who have a funding agreement from a third party for at least AUD$200 000 to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity that is proposed to lead to either the commercialisation of a product or service in Australia or the development of a business in Australia. The applicants applying must be nominated by a state or territory government.
Business activities listed below are excluded from applying for this visa:
• Residential Real Estate
• Labour Hire
• The purchasing of an existing enterprise or a franchise in Australia
Primary qualifying criteria for the Entrepreneur visa for Australia below:
Applicants applying must:
• Be under the age of 55
• Be competent in English (minimum of 6 in each band of the IELTS)
• Be undertaking or proposing to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity in Australia and have a genuine intention to continue this activity
A Complying Entrepreneur Activity is an activity that relates to an innovative idea that will lead to the commercialisation of a product or service in Australia, or the development of an enterprise or business in Australia.
An activity is a complying entrepreneur activity if all of the following requirements are met:
• You have one or more agreements to receive funding with a total of at least AUD$200 000
• This agreement can be funded by the following entities:
o Commonwealth Government Agency
o State or Territory Government
o Publicly Funded Research Organisation
o Investor registered as an Australian Venture Capital Limited Partnership or Early State Venture Capital Partnership
o Higher Education Provider
• Under the agreement at least 10 per cent of the funding must be payable to the entrepreneurial entity within 12 months of the day the activity starts to be undertaken in Australia
• You held at least 30 per cent interest in your entrepreneurial entity when you entered the agreement
• You have a business plan for the entrepreneurial entity noting how your innovative idea will lead to the commercialisation of a product or service in Australia, or the development of an enterprise of business in Australia.