|Processing Time in South Africa: 3 Weeks|
Government Fee for Visa: AUD $420 (For either route) Please note that a non-internet application charge of AUD$80 could be added.
Applying for a Working Holiday Visa for Australia. Please note this visa does NOT apply to South Africans
An applicant’s main purpose of travel should be an extended holiday when applying for this visa subclass.Applicants are entitled to do any kind of work; however they can only work for each employer for a maximum of six months.
Applicants may, in exceptional circumstances only, work more than the allowed six months with an employer.
• Applicants who have not previously held a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
• Applicants must have a valid passport from a country involved in the Australian Working Holiday Program
• Applicants who have turned 18 years old but have not yet turned 31 years old
• You must be considered to be a genuine visitor and plans to have a holiday once in Australia
• Applicants must show funds of support for themselves that they can access on a working holiday, currently (about AUD 5000)
• Applicants must have sufficient funds to purchase a return travel ticket at the end of their trip
• Applicants would not be allowed to travel with dependent children at any time during their trip
Second Working Holiday Visa
Applying for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 417), applicants have to conform to the following criteria listed below:
• Applicants must not have broken any conditions on their first Working Holiday visa
• Applicants cannot have held more than one Working Holiday visa in the past
• Applicants would be required to have at least completed completed three months of specified work within a designated regional area while on their first Working Holiday visa.
Applicants must hold a valid visa from 1 of the following countries:
• Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
• The Republic of Ireland
• Republic of Korea
• The Republic of Cyprus
Length of the visa?
This visa subclass entitles you to:
• Make your entry to Australia within 12 months
• You may stay in Australia for up to 12 months
• You may enter and leave Australia multiple times while the visa is valid.