Australia is always very welcoming of people interested in being significant investors into their country. A Significant Investor visa does not require the applicant to complete the English Language proficiency test. There are no upper age limits for this visa and applicants need not satisfy the Australian innovation points test. But, in principal, only applicants who are able to invest AU$ 5 million are able to obtain this visa.
We take a look at the specific requirements for a Significant Investor visa in the New South Wales territory.
The Significant Investor visa is a stream of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (subclass 188 and subclass 888 visas).
Applicants of this visa are required to meet Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) criteria. These are:
• The applicant must submit an expression of interest in SkillSelect
• Only persons nominated by a State or Territory Government, and who intend to live in that State or Territory, can apply for this visa
• Interested parties will only be considered upon investment of AU% 5 million into complying investments.
One of the major advantages of holding a Significant Investor visa is that the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection allows the holder to qualify for Australian permanent residency in as little as four years.
Permanent residency is granted to Significant Investor visa holders provided that spend no less than 160 days in Australia over this time and maintain their A$5 million complying investment continuously for at least 4 years while holding the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188).
Applicants can extend their visa twice, by two years each time.
To apply for this visa the applicant is required to also qualify for NSW nomination. Application requirements are;
• The applicant must deliver evidence that they have at least AU$ 5 million in assets that are unencumbered and lawfully acquired and readily available for transfer to Australia
• They are also required to sign a declaration that they will invest at least AU$ 5 million in complying investments.
• Demonstrate that neither they nor their spouse have had any involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
We strongly suggest that applicants make use of a professional immigration consultancy should you wish to apply for the Australian Significant Investor visa.
For this application various specialized forms and documents are required and it would be in your interest to seek professional guidance when applying this visa.
Contact New World Immigration. With years of experience and many satisfied customers we will be able to give you the best advice and personalized service.