The Significant Investors Visa is an Australian state or territory nominated method to attract significant migrant investment into Australia and is a subclass of the Business Innovation and Investment visa programme.
Applicants applying for the SIV, would be expected to make an investment of at least AU$5 million. This investment must be made into approved investments for at least four years using a provisional visa after which the applicant would be eligible for a permanent visa.
Prospective applicant may qualify for this visa if;
• you are nominated by a state or territory government
• you were invited to apply
• you (and all your family members) meet certain health and character requirements
• you meet the additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
Besides that fact that every person applying for an Australian visa must meet certain health requirements, applicants would also be expected to meet certain character specifications, have no unpaid debts to the Australian Government and must have signed the Australian values statement. Speak to your immigration consultant for the fill list of requirements.
Regardless of meeting all of these requirements you would still be required to make the investment and your visa will still be subject to approval by the Australian authorities.
The applicant must invest at least AU$5 million in any of the following options:
• Commonwealth, state or territory government bonds
• Eligible managed funds - that are limited to investing in any or all of the following Australian assets:
1. infrastructure projects in Australia
2. cash held by Australian deposit-taking institutions
3. bonds issued by the Australian Government or a State or Territory government
4. bonds, equity, hybrids or other corporate debt in Australian companies and trusts listed on any Australian stock exchange
5. bonds or term deposits issued by Australian financial institutions
6. real property in Australia
7. Australian agribusiness
8. annuities issued by an Australian registered life company
9. loans secured by mortgages over the investments listed above
10. derivatives used for portfolio management and non-speculative purposes (which constitute no more than 20 per cent of the total value of the managed fund)
11. other managed funds that invest in the investments listed above
• make a direct investment into private Australian companies in which you have an ownership interest. The company must be operational to qualifying as a business.
• Income that you earn from your complying investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.
When applying for this visa you would be expected to;
• live in the state or territory whose government agency nominated you for your visa
• continue their business and investment activity in Australia after you have been granted a visa
• live in Australia for at least 160 days over four years while holding your provisional visa
• your partner, or you and your partner combined must have net assets of at least AUD5 million.
Call one of New World Immigration’s professional consultants for more detailed information. The New World Immigration team is committed to finding the perfect visa solution for you and taking you through the visa application process.