As of the 7th of November 2022, New Brunswick has announced a new project to not only encourage critical skilled workers to join the province but also ways to enhance livelihoods and retain workers.
Critical labour shortages are an ongoing theme in Canada, therefore companies have appealed to the government regarding assistance. The NBCWP program has partnered with 6 major companies to assist with good immigrant recruitment practices including necessary settlement programs to meet both economic and humanitarian needs.
Companies that had a previous track record in the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program have been selected to join the NEW critical worker pilot due to their impeccable track record.
These companies need to meet the below requirements to fall part of the NBCWP:
- Have housing and transportation plans to support their candidates with strong commitments to retention.
- Strong human resource plan in place for recruitment and hiring skilled international talent
- Provide on-the-job skill enhancement.
- Provide up to 200 hours of language training.
- Guide and support candidates to pursue Canadian education.
This program is expected to run for 5 years and be closely monitored to respond to the immigration needs and desired outcomes for the province. New Brunswick is thriving because of the newcomers, the system needs a slight adjustment and the New Brunswick Critical Worker Program is hoping to enhance the lives of many people.
New World Immigration’s recruitment department would like to welcome skilled workers in all fields to join this program. We offer a free assessment to see if this opportunity is in line with your credentials.