Due to a serious lack of Construction Project Managers with two or more years of experience, many roles in Australia and Canada are now unfilled. Construction recruiters in these two countries routinely engage construction project managers from other countries on a short- and long-term basis. Without a job offer, one can also gain residency in these countries using the popular Skilled Migration and Express Entry pathways.
Construction Project Managers, Construction Estimators, and other professionals are among those in high demand in this field. Construction Project Managers are in higher demand than others in most circumstances, but all sorts are in high demand.
How do I secure a Residency Visa in Australia or Canada as a Construction Project Manager?
Without a Job Offer
Did you know that in Australia and Canada, you can apply for residency before obtaining a job offer? Both Canada and Australia have skilled migration programs that allow you to apply for residency based simply on your professional qualifications. Eligibility is influenced by factors such as age, education, and work experience. Because companies would not have to deal with the onboarding work permit procedure once you have gotten your temporary or permanent residency status, you will be in a much better position to land your desired job. Because you already have working rights in your passport, you might start working right immediately. This is without a doubt the most effective way to start a new life in these countries.
With a Job Offer
Most applicants who do not meet the criteria for skilled migration begin looking for work in their preferred nation. Being "Job Ready" is a must in this situation. A skills evaluation is required for the vast majority of work visa subclasses. A legitimate skills evaluation will lend a lot of weight to an applicant's CV when looking for work.
Tasks & Duties:
How do I know if I am Qualified as a Construction Project Manager?
Construction Project Managers are responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, and an understanding of at least 80% of them is required to apply for a skills assessment.
- Interpreting architectural drawings and specifications;
- Coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment;
- Consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers;
- Negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Preparing tenders and contract bids;
- Operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites;
- Ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety;
- Arranging submission of plans to local authorities;
- Building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services;
- Overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors' work;
- Arranging building inspections by local authorities.
A Construction Project Manager with at least two years of post-qualification experience may expect to earn a total remuneration of CAD/AUD 74,500, according to PayScale. The average total remuneration for a Construction Project Manager with 8 years or more of qualified work experience is CAD/AUD 106,500.
Construction project managers are one of the most in-demand jobs in developed English-speaking countries. Employers are typically prepared to reimburse the applicant's relocation costs due to the strong demand. Please contact a New World Immigration adviser for additional information on these incentives.
Visas That Are Available
Construction Project Managers are eligible for the following visas in Australia:
- Visa Subclass 189
- Visa Subclass 190
- Visa Subclass 491
- Visa Subclass 485
- Visa Subclass 482
- Labour Agreement
- Visa Subclass 186
- Visa Subclass 187
- Visa Subclass 494
- Visa Subclass 407
Construction Project Managers are eligible for the following visas in Canada:
- Federal Express Entry Visa
- Canadian Work Permit subject to LMIA
If a consultant determines that the applicant qualifies for one or more of the visa processes above, New World Immigration can assist with the visa application process for one or more of the visa processes listed.
Start your Visa Assessment Here