Canada employs their Express Entry Programme to assist prospective migrants in obtaining a Canadian visa or Residency.
Through the process skilled migrants across 347 eligible occupations who meet minimum entry criteria, submit an online expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool. The profiles of candidates in the pool are ranked under a Comprehensive Ranking System. The highest ranked candidates will be considered for an invitation to apply for permanent residence. Candidates receiving an invitation must submit a full application within a delay of 60-days.
Federal Skilled Workers are persons with suitable education, work experience, age and language abilities under one of Canada’s official languages and who are selected under the Express Entry Immigration system to apply for permanent residence.
To qualify for admission to the Express Entry Pool as a Federal Skilled Worker, applicants must meet the following conditions:
• Possess one-year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment within the previous 10 years in one of 347 eligible occupations listed under the applicable National Occupational Classification system; AND
• The work experience must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification system; AND
• Score sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points;
• Undergo language testing from a recognized third party and demonstrate intermediate level language skills in English or French corresponding to the Canadian Language Benchmark of 7)
• Possess suitable settlement funding
• Undergo a successful security background and medical examination.
Under the new rules, qualified applicants are evaluated against six factors to determine their eligibility for immigration to Canada. Applicants must obtain a total of 67 points out of a possible 100 in order to qualify. The selection factors are:
Education; Max 25 points
Language; Max 28 points
Employment experience; Max 15 points
Age; Max 12 points
Arranged employment; Max 10 points
Adaptability; Max 10 points