The better your score the better your chances of being selected for immigration to Canada. It is as simple as that.
You might have been following our blog about how points are awarded for your qualifications and credentials when you apply for Canada’s Express Entry immigration system. Did you know you might actually be able to increase that score by meeting certain other special conditions?
Canada likes to award migrants for their talents, experience and ties with the country as they believe that those are the most valuable migrants. As such Canada rewards migrants for having Canadian work experience as the migrant will be familiar with the country’s business culture. Migrants with Canadian education also score better as potential employers understand and know the value of their qualifications. Migrants with siblings living in Canada are likely to adjust well to Canadian society. Canada is known for paying close attention to family re-unification and as such those migrants are given extra points to aid their residency applications.
Below we have listed some of the points you might expect when you qualify under the conditions in the left column. These points are not guaranteed and you will have to show enough evidence to support any claims for additional point so it is best to have an experienced migration consultant handling your case. If any of the conditions below apply to you set up an appointment with your migration consultant to discuss your options and the requirements to claim your extra points.
• Scoring 7 or higher on the Canadian Language Benchmark Level (CLB) Max 25 points
• Scoring 9 or more on all four first official language abilities of the CLB Max 50 points (certain conditions apply)
• Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree 13 points
• Canadian work experience and a post-secondary credential of 1 year or more Max 25 points
• One to two years’ foreign work experience and CBL score 7 and up Max 25 points
• Three or more years’ foreign work experience and CBL 7 and up Max 50 points
• Foreign work experience and 1 year of Canadian work experience Max 25 points
• Foreign work experience and 2 years or more of Canadian work experience Max 50 points
• Certificate of qualification & CLB 5 or more on all first official language abilities Max 25 points
• Brother or sister living in Canada (citizen or permanent resident) 15
• Post-secondary education in Canada - credential of one or two years 15
• Post-secondary education in Canada - credential three years or longer 30
• Arranged employment 50
• Provincial or territorial nomination 600