A step by step guide to applying for your Zimbabwean Special Dispensation Permit
Zimbabweans working in South Africa can apply for their Zimbabwean Special Dispensation Permit at the South African Department of Home Affairs Offices as of 1 October 2014.
Applications are done on line but New World Immigration’s CEO Robbie Ragless suggest that Zimbabwean applicants speak to professional immigration consultants to get the facts of what the process involves.
There are some conditions Zimbabwean’s working in South Africa must meet before even applying for a Zimbabwean Special Dispensation Permit.
Only holders of the previous Special Dispensation Visa qualify for the new visa.
The first and most import requirement is that an applicant must be in procession of the previous special visa for Zimbabweans which are to expire later this year. These visas were issued in 2009 and only Zimbabwean nationals with this visa clearance will be able to apply for the new Special Dispensation Visa.
The conditions of the Zimbabwean Special Dispensation (ZSP) Visa include, but are not limited to:
- A valid Zimbabwean passport; evidence of employment, business or accredited study. The ZSP will allow permit-holders to live, work, conduct business and study in South Africa, for the duration of the permit, which is valid until 31 December, 2017.
- Applications can only be made between 01 October 2014 and 31 December 2014.
- Applications must be made via VFS, and adjudicated by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Applications will begin online, with appointments given for in-person finalization at a visa facilitation centre.
- An administration fee will apply but is yet to be divulged.
- ZSP permit-holders who wish to stay in South Africa after the expiry of the ZSP, must return to Zimbabwe to apply for mainstream visas and permits under the Immigration Act, subject to the relevant requirements.
- The expiry date of all DZP permits which expire before 31 December 2014 is accordingly delayed until 31 December 2014. The expiry date of those DZP permits which expire after December 2014, is being brought forward to 31 December 2014.
The procedure to apply for a Zimbabwe Special Permit is as follows:
- Step 1 - From 1 October, apply online for a permit and submit the required documents online.
- Step 2 - You shall receive an invitation for an interview with the date and venue. When you go for an interview, take all the required (original) documents. Your fingerprints will be taken for a Biometric Identification by Home Affairs.
- Step 3 - You shall be informed when to collect your permit. Your biometrics will be taken again as a security measure. Your permit will be stamped on your valid passport.
Contact New World Immigration for up to date professional advice, information and guidance in applying for your Zimbabwean Special Dispensation Visa.
Submit your enquiry by using one of the following methods:
Contact Us: +2721 555 0951