Are you a foreigner, younger than 25 and interested in participating in a South African exchange programme? Read this to get your visa process going.
EXCHANGE VISAS are issued to foreigners who are under the age of 25 and would like to participate in one of South Africa’s exchange programmes. These state managed cultural, economic or social exchange programmes are perfect for the young travellers wishing to contribute to, or learn from South Africa.
New World Immigration will help you through the process of applying for your Exchange Visa.
• New World Immigration will assist applicants in gathering all the required documents including original documentation for verification while submitting we will also prepare photocopies for any visa / permit category.
• Please ensure that you have your original passport available and that it is up to date and not about to expire.
• Make sure you bring your passport and that it is valid for at least 30 days after expiry of the intended visit. We would also require a certified copy of your passport which will be submitted with your application.
• Speak to us about the specifics of the medical report required.
In respect of a learning institution in South Africa working with a foreign learning institution or a foreign state department organising or administering the exchange programme, you must submit:
• A letter from the Department of Basic Education, or Higher Education and Training, or the learning institution in the South Africa confirming that it is responsible for organising or administering the existence of the programme, outlining the activities, terms and conditions and duration thereof, and accepting full responsibility for the student whilst he or she is in the Republic.
• A letter from the foreign state institution or learning institution of the foreign state confirming the particulars of the applicant, the applicant’s enrolment with a learning institution abroad, and the date on which study shall commence.
Additional supporting documents in respect of an exchange visa:
For cultural, economic or social exchange programmes organised or administered by a state department or a learning institution, in conjunction with a learning institution or a foreign state institution:
A letter from the organ of state or learning institution confirming the existence of the exchange programme; or
A letter from the foreign institution confirming the enrolment of the applicant or the foreign state institution conducting the programme, as the case may be
Fees and processing times:
New World Immigration can confirm that you can expect between 4 – 6 weeks for this visa to be processed.
A South African Department of Home Affairs fee of R425.00 is payable and R1350.00 for biometrics.
New World Immigration will ensure that your application is processed efficiently with no headaches and to deliver the best possible result.