The Department of Home Affairs including the South African Embassies abroad are currently issuing South African work visas to foreign nationals who are present on the critical skills list.
The critical skills list aims to fill certain skills shortages in South Africa by inviting skilled applicants who qualify to contribute to the South African economy.
This visa is issued for a period of no more than 5 years and is a multiple entry visa.Applicants are entitled to bring along immediate family members to accompany them for the duration of the visa. The critical skills will allow the applicant a grace period of 12 months to secure employment in SA and hold no ties to a specific employer. The good news about this visa is that applicants do not have to submit the following:
- Proof that all attempts has been exhausted to first find a local citizen.
- Obtain a recommendation letter from the Department of Home Affairs.
All qualified fitter and turners must fulfil the following criteria:
- Register with a professional body in South Africa to find out if your skills and experience is on par with South African standards.
- Provide proof of registration from professional body
- Assess all foreign qualifications in South Africa
The critical skills visa allows any applicant who is featured on the critical skills list to apply for permanent residency in South Africa, if he or she can provide five years work experience as a fitter and turner.
Submit your enquiry and receive a free assessment from one of our highly qualified South African immigration consultants. Complete our free assessment form below and expect a call back within 24 hours.