Do I qualify for a critical work visa for South Africa?
Foreign nationals who are interested in applying for a critical skills visa must complete the following:
- Evaluate all foreign qualifications in South Africa to assess whether they are on par with South Africa standards.
- Register their occupation with a South African professional body and provide proof of registration.
- Ensure that they have at least 3-5 years experience as an electronics engineering technologists.
What are the advantages of this visa?
- A job offer is not required when applying for this South African work visa
- No need to apply for a recommendation letter from the Department of labour
- Applicants are not tied to a specific employer in South Africa.
- Applicants who can prove 5 years work experience will immediately be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
The critical skills visa requires no experience, but most professional bodies in SA require at least 3-5 years experience as an electronics engineering technologists:
- Design, develop and test power equipment and systems, industrial process control systems, telecommunication, broadcast, recording and audiovisual systems, micro-electronic systems and circuits, computers, computer systems and networks, and computer software
- Supervise the building and testing of prototypes according to general instructions and established standards
- Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems other than aircraft electronics or instruments
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics under the direction of scientists or engineers
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Write specifications, schedules and technical reports and control schedules and budgets.
- Assist in the design, development and testing of electrical and electronic components, equipment, and systems
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of incoming electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components and assemblies to ensure conformance with product specifications and tolerances
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on assemblies and record and analyze results
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Carry out a limited range of technical functions in support of research in electrical and electronic engineering and physics
- Install, operate and maintain electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the preparation of estimates, schedules, budgets, specifications and reports.
Contact New World immigration to assist you in securing your visa to South Africa. Our friendly consultants are stand-by and ready to discuss your eligibility. Complete the assessment form below and our consultants will contact you within 24 hours.