Everything you need to know about applying for your South African Visitor Visa 2014 - 2015
South Africa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The country offers some of the most spectacular scenery and is packed to the brim with adventures, great food and top hotels.
According to the South African Department of Home Affairs every application for a South African visa is treated as an individual case. The Department of Home Affairs advices any foreigners wishing to visit South Africa to speak to an official at their local South African mission or South African consulate in your home country to find out the specifics of successfully applying for your visa to visit the country.
A fee is payable for the issuing of a South African visa. Speak to one of New World Immigration’s consultants who will be able to advice you on both the cost and requirements for your visa.
New World Immigration will also consult with one to determine which the best visa for you to apply for is.
It is important to note that according to the South African Department of Home Affairs, “Visas are not issued at South African ports of entry, and airline officials are obliged to insist on visas before allowing passengers to board. If you arrive without a visa, immigration officials are obliged to put you onto a flight back to your home country.”
South African visitors’ visas may be granted in the following cases:
• When visiting family or friends in South Africa.
• If you are planning to visit the country as a tourist.
• You could also qualify for a visitors’ visa if you are the spouse of a foreigner in South Africa on a work or study permit.
• Children will be given a tourist visa to join parents who are in South Africa on work or study permits.
• In some cases a visitors’ visa can be applied for study purposes (max stay 3-months), if you are taking part in charitable or voluntary activities, if you are in the country to conduct research or attend conferences.
• It would also be appropriate if you are in the country to seek medical treatment (max stay 3-months).
• Or if you are in South Africa to attend sporting events.
Documents required to apply for a visa
Besides making sure that your passport is valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit and making sure that your passport must have at least one unused page for entry / departure endorsements you will be required to meet other requirements and complete more documentation.
By speaking to a New World Immigration consultant we can help stream-line the process and will help ensure that you get the best possible outcome for your application.
Our trained and dedicated staff will make sure your visit to our beautiful country starts with very little effort and a lot of great advice!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +27 21 555 0951 for more information.