Tel: +27 21 555 0951

Find the right South African visa for you

New World Immigration speaks to visa applicants every day and we understand that applying for a visa could be a confusing and intimidating process! But with our experience and training we take the guess work out of choosing the best South African visa solution for you.

Find The Right South African Visa For You

Do you need medical treatment in South Africa?

A medical visa is a visitor’s visa issued to people who intend on undergoing medical treatments in South Africa. This visa allows you to stay in the country for up to three months.

For this visa you would be required to submit a letter from a medical practitioner or medical institution, indicating the nature of the ailment and the expected duration of the treatment you will be undergoing.

Are you an entertainer who needs a visa to working in the country?

If you are employed in the entertainment industry and plan to work in South Africa for longer than six months and you are not from one of the countries exempted from the South African Visa requirements you should apply for this visa.

But, if you are from a country that is exempt from South African visa requirements, and do not intend to work for longer than six months you will be able to go directly to a South African border where you will then present the relevant letters from the local or international agency or company confirming identifying you as their representative and detailing the purpose and duration of your stay in the country.

Will you be attending a conference?

Conference delegates must submit documentation, in the form of a letter or invitation from a South African entity, with their conference visa application conference organizer should notify the Department of Home Affairs that the conference is taking place and will supply the Department with a list of delegates expect to attend the event. All delegates are still expected to meet the South African visa requirements.

Did you know that there are visas that comply with Treaty conditions?

According to the South African Department of Home Affairs, “A treaty permit is an official document that gives foreigners permission to enter South Africa to participate in programmes that have been agreed upon by South Africa and the visitors’ respective countries. Applications can be made at any South African embassy or mission abroad.”
Do you need a visa to participate in a cultural, economic or social exchange programmes
With the relevant supporting documents foreign nationals may apply for an exchange programme visa if the applicant is participating in a programme of cultural, economic or social exchange that is organised or administered by an organ of state, or a public higher education institution in conjunction with an organ of a foreign state.

Exchange visa can be applied for at any South Africa embassy or mission abroad.

Requirements for extending your visa

• Once a person arrives at a South African port of entry, the visa is then regarded as a visitor’s permit. Most visas or visitor’s permits are issued for a maximum period of 90 days.
• If your visit exceeds 90 days, you will need to apply for temporary residence permit instead of a visitor’s visa.
• Remember that the requirements for a temporary residence permit is not the same as a visitor’s visa.
• If the need arises to have your visa extended, you will need to contact any office of the Department of Home Affairs and apply for the extension of the visitor’s permit
• You will need to complete the temporary residency Form and pay additional fees as prescribed.


Your Application

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed

Your Credentials

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed


Other Information

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed