Frequently asked questions about Quota Work Permits
As we all know the Department of Home Affairs has drafted a new set of Immigration laws and one of those drafted laws has been to remove the Quota permit and Exceptional Skills permit to be replaced by the Critical Scarce Visa. To all those who qualify under the Quota permit, apply now while you can and this will be issued to you and if you are permanently employed by your company, then you qualify immediately for permanent residency.
1. How do I qualify for a Quota Permit?
You would need to have a minimum of 5 years of experience and formal qualification in your profession. Your occupation needs to be listed on the Quota list which is published on a yearly basis.
2. What is the processing time for a Quota permit?
The processing time for a Quota permit is between 60 – 80 working days.
3. What is the validity of a Quota Permit?
A Quota permit is usually open ended, but for it to remain valid, you need to be employed in the same category you were approved for. As we know with the Quota permit will be removed and no longer in use but if you are apply for the permit now, it will then remain valid for 5 years.
4. I have experience in one of the occupations listed on the Quota schedule but I don’t have qualifications?
In order to meet the requirements of the Quota permit, you need to have at least 5 years experience and formal qualifications.
5. I have more than 5 years experience but I lost my qualification?
You may still apply for a Quota permit but you would need to obtain a duplicate of your formal qualifications.
6. I have secured a new job, may I switch between jobs?
You may as long as it falls under the approved occupation you filed under.
7. I received my quota permit; can I apply for permanent residency?
If you have been offered a permanent job offer then you may apply for permanent residency or if you completed 5 years on the Quota permit.
8. I received my Quota permit; am I allowed to bring my family?
Yes you may but they will need to apply for temporary permits for each family member.
Call our Friendly consultants and let us assist you in securing your quota permit before it becomes non-existent.