ICT Occupations listed on the Critical Skills List
The Critical Skills Visa has recently been introduced to fill certain skill shortages in South Africa by allowing applicants who qualify to apply for this visa. There are many advantages to this visa such as:
• No job offer needed to apply for this visa (Applicant allowed 12 months to secure employment)
• The Critical Skills Visa is valid for 5 years
• Applicants can apply immediately for Permanent Residency if they can prove 5 years work experience
• No Department of Labour recommendation needed for this visa
• Easily secure employment in South Africa by using the Critical Skills Visa
Which ICT professions are needed in South Africa?
• CISCO Solution Specialist
• CISCO Engineers
• Solutions Architects in Telecommunications and ICT
• Integrated Developers (PHP, PERL, JAVA)
• Network Analyst
• IT Security Specialist
• System Integration Specialist
• Enterprise Architects
• Data Centre Operations
• Network Specialist (Security)
• Database Specialist
• Microsoft System Engineers
• Network Controllers
• AV Specialist (Anti-virus)
• Desktop Support Engineer
What is the possibility of securing employment in South Africa?
It is estimated that South Africa needs 30 000 to 70 000 skilled information technology (IT) workers and this shortage is hampering the country’s growth and its ability to compete internationally, says networking giant Cisco sub-Saharan Africa corporate affairs man-ager Alfie Hamid – source - engineering news.
Can I use a South African Recruitment Company to assist me in securing employment?
Yes you may, please click the link below to see recent ICT offers available in South Africa.
Which professional council should I register with?
All ICT applicants should register with Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa before applying for the Critical Skills Visa.
What are the requirements for the Critical Skills Visa?
• Your occupation listed on the Critical Skills Occupation List (View CSOL List)
• All foreign qualifications to be assessed by SAQA
• Register with IITPSA as a member
My ICT profession is not listed, what alternative work visa can I apply for?
• General Work Visa – In order to qualify for this visa, you need to secure employment in South Africa first and obtain a recommendation certificate from the Department of Labour. The General Work Visa is valid for 5 years and applicants will be eligible for permanent residency after completing 5 years on this visa.
• Intra-Company Visa – If you work for a multi-national company which has a branch, affiliate or subsidiary in South Africa then you will be eligible to apply for this visa. The Intra-Company Visa is valid for a period of 4 years and is not renewable.
New World Immigration invites all ICT professionals to submit an enquiry to discuss your eligibility for the Critical Skills Visa. Our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your options.
Submit your enquiry by using one of the following methods:
Contact Us: +2721 555 0951