Securing your Critical Skills Visa as a Corporate General Manager
Are you confused and clueless about what you need to do when it comes to South African Immigration? If you are seeking for greener pastures in South Africa as a corporate general manager, then look no further as you might qualify for the Critical Skills Visa.
The Critical Skills Visa is a direct route to Permanent Residency and allows applicants the opportunity to secure employment in South Africa within a period of 12 months.
Qualifying for a Critical Skills Visa
The following criteria must be met to qualify for a Critical Skills Visa
• Registration with a professional council specific to your occupation (Institute of directors Southern Africa)
• Occupation listed on the Critical Skills List (View Critical Skills List)
• Qualifications evaluated by SAQA
How do I register with the Institute of Directors Southern Africa?
The registration process involves a series of online applications. Click here to register with the Institute of Directors Southern Africa.
What are the qualifying criteria for membership?
Directors may include being responsible in this manner for:
• divisional where the division is equivalent to an entity of substance
• an entity not conducted for commercial purposes
• a department or entity in local, provincial or national government
• a tertiary institution
• a trust
• a pension or retirement fund
For purpose of clarity, the following positions qualify if these carry responsibility as described above:
• a director or alternate director
• a company secretary
• an executive
• a partner or associate or senior manager of a professional practice e.g. accountants, architects, stockbrokers, attorneys
• a member of a close corporation
• a director – general, head of department or accounting officer of members of the accounting authority in the public sector
• Tertiary academic personnel at the level of, or equivalent to, professor or senior lecturer
What is the validity of the Critical Skills Visa?
The Critical Skills Visa is issued for a period of 5 years and is extendable.
Can I apply for permanent residency?
Applicants who can prove more than 5 years work experience may apply jointly for Permanent Residency and a Critical Skills Visa.
Contact New World Immigration to assist you in securing your Critical Skills Visa and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.
Submit your enquiry by using one of the following methods:
Contact Us: +2721 555 0951