The Department of Home Affairs is currently offering opportunities to highly qualified electrical engineering technologist to apply for a critical skills visa. Electrical engineering technologists must meet the minimum requirements to be eligible for a critical skills visa. View critical skills occupation list to see in depth requirements (View List).
The Benefits in applying for a critical skills visa:
- This visa does not require a job offer
- The holder of a critical skills visa receives a 12 month grace period to secure employment in South Africa, after being issued with the visa
- The critical skills visa is issued for a period of 5 years
- No Department of Labour required
- Applicants can immediately apply for permanent residency should they have more than 5 years experience
Qualifying criteria for a critical skills visa:
- Electrical engineering technologists must licence their occupation in South Africa with a professional accredited body
- All foreign qualifications must be assessed in South Africa
- Confirmation of registration with applicable professional accredited body
Applicants must submit proof of employment to the Department of Home Affairs, once they secured employment and must continue to show proof on a yearly basis that they are employed under the occupational category they applied under.
The main applicant may add accompanying dependents to his/her critical skills visa which entitles the dependent spouse or dependent children to accompany them for the duration of the critical skills visa. Dependent children who are of school age must apply for a study visa which will hold the validity of the parent’s critical skills visa.
Submit your enquiry now by completing our free assessment form below and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.