If you’re a qualified metallurgical engineer, then South Africa needs you. The Department of Home Affairs has recently introduced the critical skills list for South Africa to fill the huge gap of skill shortages. The critical skills list allows applicants who qualify to apply for a critical skills visa based on their qualifications.
Try our free assessment to see if you are eligible to apply for a critical skills visa!
How do I qualify for a critical skills visa?
• Register with a professional body specific to your occupation
• Foreign qualifications assessed by SAQA
The process in applying for a critical skills visa:
• Assess qualifications
• Register occupation
• Apply for critical skills visa
Applying for permanent residency through critical skills:
Metallurgical engineers can apply simultaneously for a critical skills visa and permanent residency if they are able to prove 5 years of work experience.
Benefits in applying for a critical skills visa:
• The critical skills visa requires no job offer
• Critical skills visa offers applicants peace of mind by allowing them 12 months to secure employment in South Africa
• It’s a 5 year working visa with the option to apply for permanent residency
• No Department of labour to further scrutinize your visa application
• No need to prove that all attempts has been exhausted to first find a local citizen or permanent resident before awarding applicant with a job offer
• No ties to a specific employer
Professional accredited body:
Engineering council of South Africa
Contact New World Immigration to assist you in securing your critical skills visa. Submit your enquiry now by using one of the following methods:
Contact Us: +2721 555 0951