South African Quota Permit
In South Africa, the Department of Home Affairs on a yearly basis drafts a list of occupations considered to be a scare and therefore welcome any foreigner to apply for the Quota work permit South Africa. A Quota permit is only awarded to foreigners whose occupation appears on the list and have the formal qualifications and have at least 5 years of experience. Foreign nationals don’t need to have a job offer lined up as the Department of Home Affairs would grant a foreigner 3 months to secure a job.
The Quota list;
• 2 000 professionals under Information and Organisation
• 4 150 professionals under Manufacturing and Construction
• 2 500 professionals under Natural and Physical Science
• 5 000 professionals under Biomedical Engineers and Technicians
• 300 professionals under Health
• 2 050 professionals under Education
• 5 000 professionals under Agricultural and Science
• 1 250 professionals under Science
• 5 250 professionals under Building and Engineering
• 150 technicians under Manufacturing and Process
• 2 500 trades workers under Fabrication Engineering
• 3 300 trades workers under Mechanical Engineering
• 150 trades workers under Electro technology & Telecommunication
• 250 Jewellers
• 500 professionals under Information and Communication Technology
If you’re unsuccessful in securing a within 3 months, then a motivation letter needs to be drafted asking for an extension for a further 3 months. Avoiding this will lead to having your Quota permit revoked by the Department of Home Affairs.
Feel free to contact our friendly consultants to assist you with any queries or questions.