What are the South African Work Permit Requirements for Mechatronics Technicians?
• Mechatronics technicians must register their occupation in South Africa with a professional body and provide proof of registration to the Department of Home Affairs.
• All foreign qualifications must be assessed by SAQA to find out if your qualifications are on par with South African standards.
This South African Work Visa requires no experience but most professional bodies in South Africa may require you to provide at least 3-5 years work experience as a mechatronics technician. The duties are as follows:
Mechatronics technicians process materials mechanically and by hand and assemble mechanical, electrical, and electronic components to make mechatronic systems. They install the manufactured components and equipment, start up the systems, operate them, and maintain them. This also includes measuring and testing the systems and components. Programming production systems also falls under this job description.
What are the South African Work Permit Requirements for permanent residency?
As per the new immigration regulations of 2014, it specifically states that any applicant applying for a critical skills visa with 5 years work experience may apply for permanent residency simultaneously.
Why should I apply for a Critical Skills Visa?
• This South African Work Visa requires no job offer
• No recommendation letter is needed from the Department of Labour (Faster Processing Times)
• No specific ties to your prospective employer (Freedom of movement between employers)
Complete our free assessment form to find out if you’re eligible to apply for a critical skills visa. Our immigration experts will contact you with 24 hours, once we received your enquiry.