Chemical engineering technologists may qualify for a South African Critical Skills Visa if they meet the minimum criteria. Chemical engineering technologist are featured on the critical skills list for South Africa and the Department of Home Affairs welcomes all foreign chemical engineering technologist to live and work in SA for a period of 5 years.
An application for a critical skills work permit must be accompanied with the following:
- Register with a professional body in South Africa
- Provide proof of registration
- Evaluate all foreign qualifications in South Africa
Chemical engineer technologists must have at least 5 years experience in the following tasks:
- Conducting research and advising on, and developing commercial-scale chemical processes to refine crude oil and other liquids or gases, and to produce substances and items such as petroleum derivatives, explosives, food and drink products, medicines, or synthetic materials.
- Specifying chemical production methods, materials and quality standards and ensuring that they conform to specifications.
- Establishing control standards and procedures to ensure safety and efficiency of chemical production operations and safety of workers operating equipment or working in close proximity to on-going chemical reactions.
- Designing chemical plant equipment and devising processes for manufacturing chemicals and products.
- Performing tests throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables, including temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Developing safety procedures to be employed.
- Preparing estimates of production costs and production progress reports for management.
- Performing laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new products and testing proposed process in small scale operation such as a pilot plant.
Applicants may apply for permanent residency should they have more than 5 years experience in the field of work.
Contact New World Immigration today to discuss your eligibility. Complete our free assessment form below and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.