If so, then you’d be delighted to know that the Department of Home Affairs has recently introduced a South African work visa that allows you to seek employment in South Africa for a period of 12 months.
The South African work visa more commonly referred to as the critical skills visa allows applicants who are featured on the critical skills list to legally work and live here for 5 years.
This South African work visa aims to attract highly skilled foreigners to fill the huge skills gap in South Africa and to positively contribute the economy.
The South African work permit requirements for this permit/visa are quite stringent and here are some of the most important requirements:
- Register with a professional body in South Africa
- Evaluate all foreign qualifications in South Africa
Please note that the critical skills visa requires no experience but the responsible professional body in South Africa might require you to have at least 3-5 years experience.
Applicants must show proof of experience within the following tasks:
- testing a material's strength and flexibility under stress
- testing materials' characteristics such as chemical composition or electromagnetic properties
- assessing the cost, reliability, safety and environmental impact of materials
- researching new ways to use materials for the development of products
- analysing test results and writing reports for project engineers and managers.
Highly skilled applicant who can prove 5 years of work experience can apply for permanent residency immediately.
Contact New World Immigration to assist you in preparing your application. Our support team will ensure that your application is 100% correct according to the specific South African work visa you require.
Complete our free assessment form and our South African immigration consultants will contact you with 24 hours.