Metal Fabricators are featured on the critical skills list and are in dire need in South Africa. Applicants who qualify for this visa will receive a five year multiple entry work visa, with the option of adding accompanying dependents to his/her visa.
Benefits in applying for this South African Work Visa?
• No job offer required for this visa
• 12 months to secure employment in South Africa
• No Department of Labour to further scrutinize your application
• Freedom of movement between employers.
• The Critical Skills Visa is extendable
• Qualify for permanent residency
What are the criteria for a Critical Skills Visa?
• Applicants must register their occupation with a professional body in South Africa specific to their occupation and provide proof of registration.
• All foreign qualifications must be assessed by SAQA.
It is important to note that the critical skills visa requires no experience, but some professional bodies might require applicants to have at least 3-5 years’ experience within the following duties:
• 1) Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for buildings and bridges according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints: Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
• 2) Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
• 3) Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
• 4) Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
• 5) Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
• 6) May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
• 7) May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
Complete our free assessment form below and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.