Understanding the South African Business Visa.
Doing business in South Africa is an exciting way to grow your company in one of Africa’s most vibrant economic hubs. Since apartheid imposed sanction were lifted 20 years ago the country has continued to leave an international footprint and attracting many international business to its shores. This includes big name brands like Burger King, McDonalds two name only two.
Global companies with a presence in South Africa all cite numerous advantages for setting up shop in the country, from low labour costs to excellent infrastructure – and a base to export products internationally.
Jim Myers, president of the American Chamber of Commerce in South Africa, says that nearly 50% of the chamber's members are Fortune 500 companies.
"The sophisticated business environment of South Africa provides a powerful strategic export and manufacturing platform for achieving global competitive advantage, cost reductions and new market access," says Myers.
New World Immigration can assist you with applying for a business visa in South Africa. Using immigration professionals like New World Immigration ensures that you will receive professional and efficient service from a company with many years’ experience.
Business visas should be applied for in your country of residence and may be lodged at an appropriate South African consulate. The normal processing time for this visa is about 90 days.
If you need to stay in South Africa for longer than 90 days please contact New World Immigration and we will discuss your options.
Requirements for the Business Visa
• Foreigner has a valid passport expiring no less than 30 days after the expiry of the intended visit.
• Foreigner has a return flight booking.
• Foreigner has a letter of invitation from the business or confirmation from the organization confirming the activity/business they will undertake.
• Foreigner can show proof of funds to support visit or support from sponsoring company.
Requirements for the Business Visa Extension
• Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended visit.
• Statement or documentation detailing the purpose and duration of the visit
• Proof of a valid return or onward ticket or sufficient financial means to purchase such ticket or to facilitate the return of the applicant.
• Proof of sufficient financial means
Other requirements will differ depending on which country the applicant is applying from. Contact New World Immigration for the updated requirements.