What is a Treaty Visa and do you qualify?
Are you planning on visiting South Africa to participate in a program that both your home country and the South African government are participating in or have agreed upon? If so you could qualify for a Treaty Visa.
Documents required for the successful processing of this visa:
• A completed application form which is available online. The South African Department of Home Affairs will not accept handwritten forms.
• New World Immigration will assist applicants in gathering all the required documents including original documentation for verification while submitting we will also prepare photocopies for any visa / permit category.
• Please ensure that you have your original passport available and that it is up to date and not about to expire.
• Certified copies of your passport and previous visas you might have had.
• Proof of your original bank payment or an Electronic Fund Transfer receipt for each applicant with proof that the funds had been paid into the South African Department of Home Affairs’ account.
• The original bank receipt and a certified copy of that bank receipt for every applicant in case of repatriation or bank guarantee required and paid in Department of Home Affairs’ account
• Make sure you bring your passport and that it is valid for at least 30 days after expiry of the intended visit. We would also require a certified copy of your passport which will be submitted with your application.
• Speak to us about the specifics of the medical report required.
• Police clearance certificates for applicants that are 18 years and older.
• A vaccination certificate, if required by the country being visited.
• A written undertaking by the sending or receiving organization confirming responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his or her dependent family members, should it become necessary.
Renewing a Treaty Visa:
• A letter from the organ of state which is party to the treaty attesting to―
the nature of the programme
continued participation of the foreigner in the programme; and
the type of activities the foreigner would be expected to perform and the duration thereof.
• A written undertaking by the sending or receiving organization accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his or her dependent family members, should it become necessary.
Cost and processing time:
The cost of this visa is R425,00 which is the fee required by the South African Department of Home Affairs and R1350 which is applied for the processing of your visa application from start to end.
In New World Immigration’s experience this visa is normally issued within 4 to 6 weeks.