What you need to know about the Critical Skills Visa
The Department of Home Affairs has recently published the critical skills list for South Africa, which can be downloaded here>>>>>>>Critical Skills List.
Check to see whether your occupation has been listed and submit an enquiry now and our friendly consultants will call you within 24 hours.
• No experience is needed, although the professional governing body might need a certain amount of experience before registering with them.
• You are allowed to apply for a Critical Skills Visa without securing a job offer in South Africa.
• The Critical Skills will allow you a period of 12 months to secure work in South Africa.
• No need to obtain a certificate from the Department of Labour for the Critical Skills.
• Allowed to switch between employers (open ended visa)
• The validity of the Critical Skills Visa is 5 years
• You may apply for permanent residency, if you have 5 years of experience.
The Critical Skills Visa is based on your qualifications and not your experience. The visa does not require you to first secure a job then apply for the visa, but you may apply for the visa without securing a job offer. Many foreigners in South Africa know that this has been a nightmare for them. Previously the quota permit only allowed you 3 months in South Africa, whereas the Critical Skills allows you 12 months to secure a job, which gives you more time to search for your ideal job. The holder needs to report to Home Affairs once a year.
The applicant needs to show 5 years experience before apply applying for permanent residency, but the good news is that if you have 2 years experience, then you may apply for permanent residency after completing 3 years on your critical skills visa.
Submit your enquiry now if your occupation has been listed on the Critical Skills List by simply clicking on the following link: I would like a consultant to call me back.....
Send us an email to email@example.com and send us a short descriptive message with your name, surname and contact details.