Applying for any South African work visa can be a very frustrating and lengthy process, especially if you’re not familiar with the new immigration regulations for 2014. Request a free assessment with New World Immigration to find out if you qualify for a critical skills visa.
Automotive electricians are in high demand in South Africa and the Department of Home Affairs is inviting any qualified applicant to apply for a critical skills visa. The visa will allow the applicant a multiple entry visa for 5 years and the opportunity to apply for permanent residency should they possess 5 years work experience.
5 Handy Tips for Automotive Electricians:
- Evaluate your foreign qualifications in South Africa
- Register with a professional accredited body specific to your occupation
- Ensure your occupation is featured on the Critical Skills List
- Provide Home Affairs with a confirmation letter from the registration body
- Supply Home Affairs with a employment contract once the applicant secures employment in South Africa
To successfully register with a professional body, the applicant must prove at least 3-5 years experience in the following tasks:
- Taking readings, using a laptop or hand-held device connected to an engine's electronic control unit (found in newer vehicles)
- Checking and testing wiring and parts in older vehicles using portable instruments
- Using the readings to find faults
- Researching faults, using manufacturers' circuit diagrams and specification manuals
- Repairing or replacing faulty parts
- Retesting the system to make sure everything is working correctly and safely (this may include road testing the vehicle)
- Filling out a repair sheet detailing the work you have done.
Contact us today to find out if you’re eligible to apply for a critical skills visa. Complete our free assessment form below and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.