What is a Biometrics System and why does Home Affairs require this?
What is a biometrics system?
The process by which a person's unique physical and other traits are detected and recorded by an electronic device or system as a means of confirming identity. - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biometrics
Why does Home Affairs require this?
The reason for the Biometric system is to reduce the amount of fraud and to improve the movement at various South African borders or port of entries.
What biometric information is needed at the new home affairs submission centres when submitting my application?
• A Photograph
• 10 digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner
Please note the following;
• Your face must be visible at the time of your photograph being taken.
• You hair may not cover your eyes.
• Items that obscure your face will not be permitted during your photo being captured.
• If your neck or head is covered for religious purposes, then the following should be visible; your chin, cheeks, eyebrows, ears should be visible and all spectacles or sunglasses should be removed.
• If for any reason you have damaged your fingertips (cuts), then you should schedule your appointment once your fingertips has healed.
• Your hands should not be decorated with the following as it will interfere with your finger print scans; mehndi or henna.
• If you refuse to submit your biometrics then your South African Visa application will not be accepted.
• All applicants need to submit their biometric data and this includes children. If you are physically not able to provide your fingerprint scan then you only need to provide a facial photograph.
• All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and will be asked to give consent before collecting biometric data.
Are you struggling to secure your online booking to submit your application? New World Immigration can assist you in securing your online booking with the new Home Affairs submission centre. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now on +27 21 555 0951.